Visualisations (Mental Imagery)
Visualising can help you in many ways:
- Imagining yourself doing something can help you to get better at doing it.
- Imagery can help you to keep calm and focused during difficult interactions.
- You can mentally rehearse maintaining a calm and assertive composure while the other person is trying to ignore or distract you.
- You can use imagery to envision success, thus boosting your motivation and confidence.
- Visualising can help you to feel calmer and to manage stress.
When visualising, you should:
- Use all of your five senses. Many people assume that visualising or mental imagery is only about ‘seeing’ but you will achieve much more if you use all your senses. What can you see, hear, feel, smell, or taste in your mind when you visualise?
- Make your mental imagery real. Live your virtualisation as if it is actually happening.
- Live your virtualisation from your own perspective and not as if you are observing yourself from the outside.
- Focus on the positive as you imagine every step of your unfolding imagery.
- Feel the results of your visualisations like it’s a reality right now.
- Give your visualisations more power by writing them down. Know that as you write, they become reality in your world.
Let’s look at spirituality, what spirituality means and how to find yours. What is Spirituality? There are 3 Elements usually present in Spirituality. A belief in something bigger, or greater than ourselves. This could be God, Creation, a Group Consciousness, … Continue reading →
Why is it okay for any country to prosecute a foreign national for alleged offences committed outside that country’s own shores? If the US can do this to Julien Assange, they can do it to anyone, anywhere, any time. Including … Continue reading →
Avoiding a descent into the abyss… So which do you think I’m going to talk about in this post? Here are some clues. The following are some of the attributes that tend to be present… A power base and followers. … Continue reading →
Julian Assange reportedly came up with Wikileaks during the late 1990s. Today, he’s languishing in a British prison, as he waits for potential extradition to the United States. This post is about why.Continue reading →